Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Check this out. I'm from Old Crow, which is way, way, way up north. I live in a two bedroom house that should actually be a one bedroom. In the morning I wake up, think about eating breakfast for a once, and after a minute of contemplation I decide that I don't have the time, this capitalist system has made me obsessed with time just like all the other greed hogs in developed counties. I then go outside and saw up my wood by hand, with what crowbies call - a Swede saw. It's broken now, I think it was the -45 degree weather, or maybe it was all fifteen inches of my flawlessly developed biceps. After a cigarette, a coffee and a refreshing yell at my dog, I walk to work. Sometimes I surprise my boss by showing up on time. After work I check on my grandpa. I chop wood, pile it and fix his fire. After grandpa's I go home and saw somemore wood with the Swede saw, chop, pile, fix the fire, clean up a bit, cook and eat. I then have some time to do......... well nothing I guess, but it's a good kind of nothing, the kind of nothing that makes you realize why we go through all of this struggle. I'll let you come up with your own reasons. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see pictures of your grandpa, your broken saw and your wood pile!

    thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete